The main purpose of the nail gun is to shoot the nail in the wood or other object. The tool helps to insert the nail in the desired surface within a short time and moreover it substitutes the uses of hammer along with the nail. The nailer does not only brings comfort and ease in the work but it also helps to finish the work within the short time along with the accuracy as well as precision. There are several types of nail gun and each of the nail gun has different purposes of operational nailing task.
Different types of nailer and their uses are as follow:
The finish nailer has a great use in the carpentry and it uses specific sized of nail for nailing. Moreover it is often used for small project. Particularly the finish nailer is suitable for the bulkier and larger pieces of wood. The finish nailer is compatible with the 15- to 16-gauge finish nails. The nail is a little bit bigger in size yet it has more holding power. The nailer has applications in the following:
- Crown molding
The framing nailer has a great application in the larger wood project like deck building and residential construction. The nailer uses 2½” – 3½” clipped head or round head nail for nailing operations.
There are two types of framing nailer and they are as follow:
- Clipped head: Generally the clipped head nailer is suitable for the heavy project as because it can hold more nails.
- Round head: The round head nailer is not restricted by certain building and it holds fewer nails in the magazine.
The roofing nailer is a heavy duty nailer and it is used by the professional user. Moreover the nailer fires nail at the wood or roofing materials at a good speed by maintaining the precision and accuracy. The nailer comes up with the coil instead of straight clip of nail.
Generally there are three types of roofing nailer and they are as follow:
- Spring loaded: The spring loaded nailer uses spring power in order to fire out the nail from the chambers.
- Pneumatic: The pneumatic nailer uses the power from the air compressor for shooting the nail on the surface.
- Solenoid: The solenoid nailer generates the power from electromagnetic polarization for nailing on the surface.
The brad nailer can handle a lot of woodworking projects along with the general household works and trim work. Moreover the nail gun is compatible with the 18 gauge nail ranging from ½” – 2″ brad nail. The brad nail is strong enough along with the good holding power. The uses of brad nail gun are as follow:
- Trim work
- Crown molding
- Baseboard and others
The siding nailer is better for the project that requires the joining or attaching of the large pieces of wood with other material. Moreover the tool joins the synthetic material or thinner piece of wood to a wooden mount. The tool uses short nail ranges 1-1/4″ – 2-1/2″ with the wider head. On the other hand the aluminum nail is a great fit for aluminum siding. The applications of siding nailer are as follow:
The pin nailer is great for the smaller wood working craft and upholstery. The nailer is small in size and power but it comes in very handy after doing a lot of small project. The tool is compatible with the 23 gauge head or headless nail that looks like a pin. Further the pin has less holding power and to increase the holding power the nail is used in conjunction with adhesive or glue. Moreover the application of pin nailer is as follow:
- Small work in cabinetry
- Trim work in furniture
- Trim work in delicate pieces
- Crown molding
The palm nailer is a mini nail gun and it works in the smaller scale. There is a strap that wraps easily on the hand in order to bring comfort during nailing. The nailer is compatible with the 1.5″ and 3.5″ long nail. The tool is suitable for tight spots, small project and joist hanger. There are three types of palm nail gun. They are as follow:
- Pneumatic: The pneumatic palm nailer uses the air pressure from the air compressor in order to shoot the nail. On the other hand it require less pressure and effort to fire the nail on the surface.
- Electric: The electric palm nailer generally takes power from the motor so that it can fire nail on the surface.
- Cordless: The cordless palm nailer has no attachment cord. Moreover the nailer generates power from the battery for nailing.
The floor nailer is uniquely designed in order to nail in the floorboard. Particularly the nailer is put at the edge of the board and the nylon mallet is used to hit the plunger so that the nail or cleat is fired at the right angle and depth. There are two types of flooring nailer and they are as follow:
- Pneumatic: The pneumatic nailer uses the air pressure for firing the nail in the floorboard. The tool requires less power.
- Manual: The manual flooring nailer is simple to use. It requires two hits of the bumper and they are for positioning the cleat and for actuation.
The staple gun is not like the other nailer but it can shoot staple into different kinds of material. The tool is a versatile tool that has a wide range of application in different types of surface too. It is suitable to use in the following:
The nail gun is great to use because it has different types of application. Not only the professional can use the nailer but also the part time user can use the tool for finishing works. The nail gun brings the comfort as well as ease in the life for construction nailing in large or small project. Among the main types of nailer the user can purchase it on the basis of type of work. From the name of nailer the user will get the proper indication of the application. The user should consider the budget and type of work in order to purchase the nailer from the main types of nailer.